Surf Fishing Class
Date: May 25, 2019, 9:00 AM EDT by popular demand!
Back by popular demand! John Givens has arranged another session with noted angler and instructor Noel Kuhn. You can learn more about Noel at his web site:
Everyone is invited and does not have to be a club member to participate. This is a class and NOT a practice session. You DO NOT need to bring your own equipment. You can if you like but Noel will have his available for everyone. Several of the topics to be discussed and demonstrated by Noel are:
1. Proper casting techniques with a spinning and conventional rod/reel
2. Shock leaders
3. Size of braid and mono to use, size of leaders
4. Some basic surf rigs to use
5. How to put different fresh bait on the hook (shrimp, crab, clams, fish)
6. The proper way to put a sand spike in
7. Where to find the fish
8. How to handle sharks, rays, and catfish.
Here is Noel discussing blue crabs for bait: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9609-A5r2ls
Mark Burford, owner of Florida Surf Tackle, will also be on hand and will have the rods and reels that Noel uses with him at the presentation for anyone to try.
You must register so we can contact you if there is a cancellation due to weather or other causes.
We are asking people to bring lawn chairs. We will have some water at the session.
If you have any suggestions for this outing of any kind please let us know at Send Us an Email.
Here are directions to Burney Park.