New Flounder Regulations effective 3/1/2021
- Extending ALL FWC flounder regulations into federal waters.
- Increasing the minimum size limit from 12 inches to 14 inches in total length (recreational and commercial).
- Reducing the recreational daily bag limit from 10 to five fish per person.
- Establishing an Oct. 15 – Nov. 30 recreational closed season.
- For commercial harvesters using allowable gear: Establishing a commercial trip and vessel limit of 150 fish from Dec. 1 – Oct. 14, and 50 fish from Oct. 15 – Nov. 30.
- Modifying the incidental bycatch limit for commercial harvesters using non-allowable gear from 50 pounds to 50 fish/trip.
- Creating a federal waters trawl bycatch limit of 150 flounder/trip from Dec. 1 – Oct. 14, and 50 fish/trip from Oct. 15 – Nov. 30.